Healthier Ealing Project The Healthier Ealing project is a partnership initiative that will deliver a programme of activities that reduce health inequalities, help people to live healthier lifestyles and make healthy choices.
This work will be delivered by a consortium of organisations, including Ealing Community and Voluntary Service, Acton Community Forum, Greenford, Northolt & Perivale Community Federation, Lido Centre and Southall Community Alliance.
The project has four main areas of work
1. Reducing health inequalities
• Focus upon increasing physical activity levels
• arranging healthy eating and healthy cooking events
• targeted health events tailored to different equalities group to address health issues in an engaging way
2. Making healthy choices
• training new volunteer Community Health Champions to spread messages about health promotion services available to residents
• arrange health zones events that access large community or religious events
• Cascade information to promote public health messages and local services
3. Promoting healthier lifestyles
• work with statutory partners to deliver outreach events and health check sessions
• Provision of Identification and Brief Advice (IBA) audit screening
• delivering Making Every Contact Count (MECC) health promotion messages encouraging individuals to: stop smoking, eat healthily, drink within recommended limits, undertake physical activity and improve mental wellbeing
4. Building Healthy Living Coalition
• In the longer term, to develop a borough-wide coalition that raises awareness of the risk factors causing health inequalities and offer options to reduce these risks
The Healthier Ealing Project is funded by Ealing Council.
For further information please contact Babie Kapoor on 020 8574 8855 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.